Skip to main content

Ephesians 4:1-16, My Observations [15.5]

If you are new to this blog, I encourage you to start with 1 (Intro) and then continue in order.

Once again, these are just my observations to help you to see if you are on the right track, not necessarily the right answers.

Walk in a worthy manner v1
1. with all humility v2
2. with all gentleness
3. with patience
4. bearing with one another in love
5. eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace v3
(6. speaking the truth in love v 15)

One's
(1. one another v2)
2. one body v4
3. one Spirit
4. one hope
5. one Lord v5
6. one faith
7. one baptism
8. one God and Father of all
I think there are really only 7 one's, but I include one another because I do not think it is insignificant that it appears before the other one's.
I think the point is unity!

Jesus gave
1. the apostles v11
2. the prophets
3. the evangelists
4. the shepherds
5. teachers
the gifts Jesus gave to the saints
5 gifts

DAY 5
The purpose of the gifts was equipping the saints for the work of ministry for building up the body of Christ.

The results of the gifts:
-we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God
-to mature manhood
-to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ
I think the fullness of Christ is the pinnacle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ephesians 6:10-24 - My Observations [23.5]

If you are new to this blog, I encourage you to start with  Intro [1]  and then continue in order. I think I have said this before, but as with all of my observation posts, these are not necessarily the only right answers. These are my observations of the text and my answers to the questions. I have provided these for people who like to know that they are on the right track. But please don't think, just because you came up with something else, that it is wrong. On the other hand, if you come up with something that is different than you have ever heard before, it would probably be good to discuss it with a mature believer, to make sure you are on the right track. DAY 2 1) we do not wrestle against -flesh and -blood v12 BUT against 2) -against the rulers -against the authorities -against the cosmic powers over this present darkness -against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places  v12 3) v11 Put on the whole armor of God -that you may be ...

Some Thoughts on Ephesians 1:1-14 [6]

If you are new to this blog, please start with 1 (Intro) and then continue in order. Here are some of my thoughts on the passage... Paul starts out the letter to the Ephesians by stating his authority to do so, "Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God." He then turns to the Ephesians, referring to them as "the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus." Did you notice the word saints in Ephesians? If I had to guess, I would have thought it was in there, oh, maybe 3 times. I was shocked to find out that the word "saints" occurs 9 times in the book of Ephesians! Basically, Paul is saying that he is writing to the Chistians in Ephesus. But let's look a little closer at this word. I think it was Kay Arthur who said that the words bleed their meaning from the text. First we are going to look at where it is used in some other books, then we will look at some of the other instances in Ephesians. Romans 1:7 To all those in Ro...

Faith and Love and More - Thoughts on Ephesians 1:15-23 [8]

If you are new to this blog, please start with 1 (Intro) and then continue in order. Faith and Love 15 For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, 16 I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers,    (from Ephesians 1  ESV) Paul had heard of the Ephesians' faith in Jesus and their love toward all the saints and because of this, he thanks God for them. So first of all, Paul thinks faith in Jesus and love for fellow believers is important and commendable. Secondly, he had heard of their faith and love. It made my wonder, what would people hear about me? If they heard of just two things about me, what would they be? What would people hear about you? Would we be known for our faith in the Lord Jesus and our love toward all the saints, all of them, even the ones we don't like so well? Paul's Prayer 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit ...